Facebook vedio call using Skype 5.5

Use Skype 5.5 to Chat and Make Video call to facebook Users

There are a few things I want to point out about this new Skype 5.5 Beta to users that may have not noticed or don’t know and then just some opinions of mine that may help Skype to better please their community and continue to be such great video service that it has been instead of losing customers:Skypee 5.5 beta supports chat and video calling with with Facebook Users.

skypee for facebook video calling
  1.  I think Facebook should clarify and when you use the “Hide Facebook Friends” option under the “Contacts” tab it is good if you don’t use Facebook at all so you don’t have to see the Facebook tab just sitting there but if you did have your Facebook account connected, clicking the hide option DOES NOT mean your Facebook chat goes Offline. It is still somehow still on.
  2.  I know this because I had my sounds set on for it and I kept hearing the online/offline notification sounds every 10-20 seconds (Facebook users go on and off frequently since people can have so many) and I knew it was Facebook and not Skype because I have my Skype settings as popping up the notification bubble in the bottom right of my computer screen when it happens with Skype and it still did for my Skype contacts during all this. Also I only have a few contacts that go Online so I knew it wa Facebook. This then brings me to my next point since when I turned off the Facebook sound notification I still heard it 24/7,
  3.  I disconnected my Facebook. I see people here saying there is no way to disconnect once you connect. Of course there is. Click your “Home” button and right on the first screen that shows your contact pictures at the top (not the Facebook one), you should see a blue pinwheel all the way to the right under that. You simply click the “Disconnect from Facebook” option and you are free. The thing I did not like about that is I didn’t mind Gavin Facebook connected as sometimes I looked at my Newsfeed in there but it was the only way to go offline on Facebook chat and not hear the annoying sounds. If Skype added a Facebook offline option only and maybe even more than a Newsfeed (Status Updates, Pictures, Video) option in the Facebook center I think they’d be golden. Til then though, I will just browse Facebook on the actual website.
  4.  Now here was the most dissapointing part of all. Through this whole update Skype took away soooo many great old tools that they had!:
  • When you call there is no longer a volume scroll to make the sound lower or louder than others on your computer.
  • They did change the way the call buttons look. I like that now they place a “/” slash over the video on and sound on (mute) when the features are turned off because it makes it easier for me to know. (On the old Skype sometimes me or the recipients videos would be off and we would not know until we told each other becouse sometimes it would just shut off because d bad connection or something and when you put your mouse over it it would turn blue which is the color it is when your video is on. So the slash makes it blatantly obvious which is nice.)
  • Unless you double click it to enlarge it, your own video box is now really teeny in the corner and there is no longer an option to hide it off the screen which I guess again is only helpful to indicate without checking that you are still broadcasting your video.
  •  This one is HUGE for me and I really pray they change it back. With my cam you can only cam from multiple places on the same program so I can’t be camming on the Internet or Skype at the same time or look at my webcam preview on my laptop. So a very very helpful way I found of viewing myself whilst chatting was to go to the “Skype” tab ==> Profile==>”Change Your Picture” and there used to be a screen that would come up and show you the gallery photos. Then in the top right there was an option that said “Take a Snapshot”. This would open up a separate big screen where I could see myself whilst Skyping and I would just close the Gallery window behind it and “woop!” nice preview. Now though, the change your picture only has a “Choose File” or “Take Picture” option and the video preview in the middle is really small and also crops out half the rest of your surroundings! The old one you could resize the snapshot you took and move it around to your liking.
  •  There isn’t even a “Take a Snapshot” button on the screen anymore to take pictures if the person you are Skyping with for saving memories. It was a quick easy tool.
  •  There is no zoom out feature that I see of. It’s either re-size it in the chat or Full screen which is all zoomed in and you have to scroll around which is so annoying.
  •  The pop-out feature was also another great feature I really liked. It used to be next to the take a snapshot option of your partner you are Skyping with. When you poppy I was smiles to see that the border is now grey so less disruptive and also it still stays on top of any window you open which is so helpful if you want to browse other things whilst watching the other Skyper. I like how now when you pop-out the video it does not leave a huge black square in your chat but let’s you just have two different feeds so you can see them either place. The one thing I hate now about it though is that you can’t resize the pop-out which is soo annoying if you’re trying to see something better from the other person.
  •  And finally my last point really is more a good one. I’m not positive but the new Skype seems a whole lot clearer. Especially, in the pop-out which is smaller. I want quite taken a back when I video called someone on it for the first time. Things just looked much crisper so props